This multi-functional position is focused on improving the quality, efficiency, and safety of manufacturing processes via daily support of shop floor operations.
Responsibilities will include investigating and implementing improvements to existing manufacturing processes concentrating in areas of equipment and processing, trouble shooting of processing difficulties, supporting equipment qualification, training manufacturing operators/staff on processing techniques, and introducing new technologies. The successful candidate must be flexible with respect to diversified assignments.
- Problem solving, involving fabrication of metals.
- Initiate action to prevent product non-conformances relating to process and quality
- Interfaces with Quality, Logistics, Maintenance, Product Engineering personnel to assure timely Production support
- Development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Develop and maintain standardized operating instructions
- Conduct time studies for manufacturing processes
- Direct & coordinate equipment modification and installation
- Consult with Product Engineering to determine optimum tooling and processes
- Plan and implement workplace layouts to optimize process flow and efficiency
- Consult with machine tool manufacturers to determine appropriate equipment and specifications
- Data driven problem solving approach including a root cause analysis skill level.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved
- Developing procedures, welding techniques and application of welding equipment
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering is preferred although equivalent training and experience may be considered.
- Three years minimum experience as a Manufacturing Engineer in the automotive industry
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Auto CAD.
- Automated assembly process experience
- MIG & resistance welding process experience
- Solid understanding of Lean Principles (5S, Kaizan, Kanban, SMED)
- Strong Business Acumen
- Solid Project Management skills and experience
- Good oral & written Communications skills
- Strong Interpersonal & Teamwork skills; yet, able to perceive needs & work independently
- Strong analytical ability to analyze and solve problems
- Advanced technical degree
- German language skills
NOTE: (No Office Walk-ins) (Appointments Only)
Send this job offer
to a Friend
Click here if interested