Mechanical Design Engineer
The DPS has this opportunity open at a Hi-Tech Oceanographic Company located in San Diego , CA.
The company is an industry leader in the design and manufacturing of reliable, high-tech equipment and systems for the most severe oceanographic, industrial, commercial, and military environments. We invite you to join our team and become a part of this exciting growth.
The Company has evolved over the past 32 years and has seen growth in all of its markets, particularly in international sales. They offer a comprehensive benefits package and progressive workplace policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to the manufacturing group to ensure hardware is fabricated for each engineering requirement and recommend process improvements for technical issues.
- Must have a thorough grasp of Mechanical Engineering.
- Participate in design reviews and maintain schedules.
- Read and interpret blue prints, technical drawings, schematics and reports.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications and other data to evaluate the feasibility and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Design, evaluate, install, operate and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendations.
- Confer with other engineers/personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions and provide technical information.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate system malfunctions.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess operation condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work and communicate effectively with all employees including but not limited to: Engineering, Sales, Production, Purchasing and Management.
- Possess an enthusiastic attitude and work as part of a team.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Lift up to 30 pounds.
- Able to bend, sit, stand, lift, use fingers and hands, able to speak and listen clearly and move around the office, labs, production and machine shop areas.
Things you must have to even be considered
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Requires 3-5 years of previous experience in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as machining operations, casting, etc.
- Outstanding Microsoft Office skills.
- Must have a minimum of 1000 hours SolidWorks 2005+ and 2 years of drafting experience with a focus in ASMEY14.5E STD.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational ability and attention to detail.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Worked with ocean equipment.
- Experienced in ISO9001 and safety procedures.
NOTE: (No Office Walk-ins) (Only by Appointment)
Send this job offer
to a Friend
Click here if interested