Controller - San Diego
Looking for a strong Controller to manage the accounting and finance for a fast growing underwater robotics company that is a world leader in manufacturing and sale of ROVs (Romote Operated Vehicles) worldwide. The company is part of an expanding maritime technology cluster in San Diego. They are looking for a self starter who can manage and grow the department but likes to be hands-on, as well. He/she will have responsibility for full cycle accounting through audited financial statements and manage finances of the company. The Controller will be responsible for AP and AR, job costing and inventory, payroll, variance analysis and other management reports as necessary, management of company funds and lines of credit, working with outside auditors, and preparation of projections as the company looks at acquisition opportunities.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to forecast and work with the President and part-time CFO to help business grow.
- Oversees the general accounting functions including preparation of financial statements.
- Manages the audit and review processes. Prepares and provides information as needed to independent auditors.
- Supervising/processing AP, AR, general accounting, and payroll.
- Works with accounting team members to improve their understanding of accounting, audit and finance issues.
- Works with other departments related to job costing, purchasing, inventory management, international sales, and other tasks.
- Prepares monthly financial packages for executive team including cash forecasting.
- Manage the cash position of the company, including credit facilities and cash in banks.
- Assists in annual Company budgeting process and help prepare multi-year growth and acquisition related projections.
- Some H/R duties, and/or delegating of such job functions
- 2 Years experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- 2 Years experience in a similar Accounting Management/Controller Position
- 5 Years experience in the Accounting Field
- Ability to handle multitasking and fast paced environment
- Ability to delegate and manage employees
- The ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management on accounting and finance
- Experience in job costing
- Experience in ERP (Epicor); MRP
- Experience writing and implementing policies and procedures
- Government contracts experience helpful
- CPA a plus
Education Skills Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000 DOE
NOTE: (No Office Walk-ins) (Only by Appointment)
Send this job offer
to a Friend
Click here if interested